Global cathode materials markets, 2020-2022 and 2026 –
Dublin, May 31, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The ‘Cathode Materials – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics’ report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global cathode materials market to reach $20.7 billion by 2026
The global cathode materials market, estimated at US$15 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of US$20.7 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% over the period. ‘to analyse.
Lead acid, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% to reach US$11.7 billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the LIthium-ion segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 6.1% for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 39.4% share of the global cathode materials market.
The US market is estimated at $2.2 billion in 2021, while China is expected to reach $6.3 billion by 2026
The cathode materials market in the United States is estimated to be worth US$2.2 billion in 2021. The country currently accounts for a 14.39% share of the global market. China, the world’s second largest economy, is expected to reach an estimated market size of US$6.3 billion in 2026 growing at a CAGR of 7.1% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each forecasting growth of 3.3% and 4.3% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 3.8%, while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$6.8 billion by the end of the outlook period. ‘to analyse.
The market is witnessing considerable developments due to the growing attention to improving durability, efficiency, compatibility and charging time. Consumer electronics devices and equipment, the automotive industry, and the renewable energy sector are all driving the demand for batteries, thereby increasing the demand for cathode materials.
Significant growth in the demand for Li-ion batteries in several industries such as electronics and automotive is driving the demand for cathode materials. A growing number of environment-friendly policies across the globe have increased the demand for electric vehicles (EVs) requiring organized energy storage systems, fueling the growth of the cathode materials market.
The market is expected to witness moderate growth owing to increased application of cathode materials in industries and increasing investments in the renewable energy sector. The market is also expected to benefit from the growing use of lightweight and rechargeable batteries in smart devices.
The rapid increase in the use of passenger cars, commercial vehicles and motorcycles is expected to increase the demand for cathode materials in batteries over the forecast period. The automotive industry has also actively moved towards the use of sustainable and clean fuels.
The demand for electric vehicles, including plug-in hybrid vehicles, battery electric vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles, has increased significantly due to strict CO2 emission regulations and government support in the form of subsidies and policy changes.
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Disruption to Battery Supply Chains Impacts Market Outlook
- An introduction to cathode materials
- Global Market Outlook and Prospects
- Developing economies spearheading future growth
- Recent market activity
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 40 Featured)
- 3M Company
- BASF SE
- Johnson Matthey plc
- Kureha Company
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co., Ltd.
- NEI Company
- Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd.
- Targray Technology International, Inc.
- TODA KOGYO CORP.
- Umicore AG
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- The growing importance of batteries in the modern world presents opportunities for cathode materials
- Strong prospects for electric vehicles open up new growth avenues for the electric vehicle batteries and cathode materials market
- Energy density (Wh/kg), cost and lifetime of cathode materials for electric vehicle batteries
- Growing demand for electric vehicles to drive demand for cathode materials
- Strong demand for lithium-ion technology in electric vehicles bodes well for the cathode materials market
- With COVID-19 Pandemic Affecting Electric Vehicle Sales, Battery Materials Market Outlook Hits
- % change in global electric vehicle sales in 2020
- Active cathode material: critical in determining performance and cost of EV battery materials
- Li-rich cathode materials to activate high-energy EV batteries
- Global automakers focus on securing raw materials for electric vehicles
- Projected demand for metals and minerals from Li-ion batteries used in passenger electric vehicles by type for the years 2025 and 2030
- Automotive Li-Ion Battery Cathode Materials Market: An Overview
- LFP Cathode Materials Market: Ideal for Li-ion Batteries in Electric Vehicles
- The growing use of lithium batteries in consumer electronics bodes well for the cathode materials market
- Impact of COVID-19 on Electronics Industry Affects Demand for Cathode Materials
- Rise in Renewable Energy Adoption and Growing Need for Battery Storage Systems to Drive Demand for Cathode Materials
- Post-COVID-19 period to showcase robust growth in energy storage technologies
- Graphene has the potential to improve the attributes of Li-ion batteries
- Research studies, innovations and breakthroughs to boost market prospects
- Study on the nature of oxidized oxygen in battery materials to transform future battery cathodes
- Nano One Obtains Patent for Li-Ion Cathode Materials
- Nanocomposite cathode for lithium-ion batteries
- Researchers find that singlet oxygen is the factor causing Li-ion battery failure
- New cathode material for sustainable electric vehicles
- Lithium-rich cathode materials used in electric vehicles store high-voltage charge
- New cathode material for use in metal-ion batteries to replace lithium-ion technology
- Changes in Li-ion battery composition and component usage impact demand for cathode materials
- Cobalt Demand and Price: Important Implications for Cathode Materials Used in Electric Vehicle Batteries
- World cobalt mine production (in metric tons) by country for 2019 and 2020
- Global cobalt mine production volume (thousands of metric tons) from 2010 to 2020
- World cobalt prices (in US dollars per ton) for the years 2015-2020
- High Cobalt Prices: Reason for Slower Decline in Li-ion Battery Production Costs
- Cathode: the largest cost component of Li-ion batteries
- Consumer Li-ion Battery Cost Structure ($/kWh) by Cost Component
- Suppliers face new challenges
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tx0juy
Global Cathode Materials Market